Welcome to the neighborhood, hopefully you will find it as awesome as we do. Below is some new resident information that you should know. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to let any board member know.
- Please review the Deed Restrictions, Bylaws, and Guidelines located on the Documents & Maps page under the Members tab.
- Keatington is an open-concept neighborhood - Perimeter fences are not permitted. Some fences are permitted under certain conditions. Consult the Architectural Committee Chairperson.
- Trees may not be removed without approval for trees over 6" in trunk diameter. This is to maintain natural beauty in the neighborhood. When removing a tree, a new tree must be planted (Approved in 2020)
- Trash cans are not to be stored "within the public view" (Part 1, Section 10). Do not store your garbage cans in front of garage doors or in the front of your home.
- Dues are $280 per year payable annually by March 1st. You will receive an invoice with payment instructions. They may be paid online with your account on bill.com or via check. Please note that access to beach and marina amenities can be restricted until unpaid dues are remedied.
- Boat Launch - To get a key card for the boat launch ramp Go to the KHA click on the marina on the left side of the page click on BOAT LAUNCH GATE KEY CARD
- Marina Wait List - You need to (We recommend doing this even if you never plan on using the Marina because the wait list can be long minimum 7-9 years, and if your name comes up you can always pass) click on the marina on the top menu of the page then click on marina wait list copy & request to be added and fill out the information. Kayak slips also have a waitlist. Please use the Contact Us form and select Marina to find out more about that waitlist.
- Beach Access - The beach is staffed from Memorial Day through Labor Day and during this time to gain access you need to show what we call a beach tag. The beach tags are passed out each year on beach opening day. If you are unable to pick up your tags on beach opening day the beach staff can get them for you any other day or time when the staff is on duty. Beach tags are only valid for one season.
- Beach Reservations - If you are planning on having a party (11 or more guests) we require a beach reservation. We start taking beach reservations on March 1st and the process is pretty simple. Use the Beach Reservation form on this website along with a check for the appropriate amount to the beach drop box. Reservations are not confirmed until the check has been received by the beach chairperson.
- Facebook - The website is the official place where we put all announcements, but Facebook is a valuable resource and a good way to stay in contact with your neighbors. All requests to join are checked against Oakland County Property Records.
- Keatington Events - We have many awesome events every year i.e. Easter Egg hunt, Fishing Derby, 4th of July Bike Parade, Kids Day (best day ever for Kids!!!), Corn Roast (adult beach party), family camp out, and some Fridays in the summer we will have Family movie nights at the beach, check out the upcoming events link to the left.
- Hints for responsible homeowners in a lake community can be found on the website under Ecology.
*** all of this is available provided that the association dues are up to date for the year.